Who is doing all this reading?
A well respected surfer Shaun Tomson wrote "Surfer's Code: 12 Simple Lessons for Riding through Life" as a guide for living life and getting the most out of it. A good read for those small moments, this book moves pretty quick and gives something to think about when not reading the book. For those not in a hurry to read a whole book. The chapters are labeled according to each of the lessons.
1. I will never turn my back on the ocean
2. I will paddle around the impact zone
3. I will take the drop with commitment
4. I will never fight a rip tide
5. I will always paddle back out
6. I will watch out for other surfers
7. There will always be another wave
8. I will always ride into shore
9. I will pass along my stoke
10. I will catch a wave everyday
11. All surfers are joined by one ocean
12. I will honor the sport of Kings
Lessons to learn whether they take a minute or a lifetime.
In 2009 I traveled to Johannesburg, South Africa, 300 miles from the ocean. While talking with people I was meeting they asked of my interests I mentioned surfing, everyone's response " Shaun Tomson was the World Champion in surfing back in the '70's." It was quite interesting, ask someone in the States who Kelly Slater is and they will most likely scratch their head. Weird world we live in.
10/19/2014 09:48:20 pm
Almost all educational or maybe professional Internet writers know that publishing can be quite a sloppy method. The actual originally created structure may be partial, improperly sorted, or maybe include too many divergent suggestions that don’t assistance their matter.
10/19/2014 09:57:24 pm
For a lot of individuals, writing can be daunting, disturbing along with mystifying. Since the focus is actually for the process of writing as opposed to the completed solution, much of your awareness in relation to obtaining helpful judgments is actually taken out; actually, comments from individuals reveal many people really like your responses
Leave a Reply.